Miami Brain Injury Attorneys
Legal Representation for Victims of Brain Injuries in Miami
There aren’t many personal injuries more lifechanging or catastrophic than a brain injury. Even a minor head injury can cause headaches, dizziness, fatigue, depression, irritability, and memory problems for months or years after the injury occurred. With severe head trauma, the long-term effects are more pronounced and complex. Victims of serious brain injuries are likely to have deep-rooted, continuing problems disturbing their personalities, relationships, and ability to lead an independent life. Rehabilitation can help, but brain injury survivors and their families generally face uncertain futures. For this reason, we handle brain injury cases with far-reaching scope and sensitivity, knowing our clients need support, financially and emotionally, to overcome the challenges inherent in surviving a brain injury. Contact our experienced Miami brain injury lawyers for more information or assistance.
Types of Brain Injury Cases We Handle
Traumatic brain injury (TBI) is an injury to the brain caused by a trauma to the head. There are many possible TBI causes, including car accidents, truck accidents, falls, and other accidents at home, at work, and in the community. In many ways, personal injury claims arising from brain injuries are as complicated as brain injuries themselves. At Payer & Associates, we have the resources and knowledge to handle brain injury cases involving:
- Physical effects, such as decreased mobility, spasticity, weakness or paralysis, ataxia, sensory impairment, fatigue, and epilepsy
- Cognitive issues, such as problems with memory, understanding, concentration, and problem-solving
- Coma and reduced awareness states
- Post-traumatic amnesia involving restless, disinhibited, and agitated behavior
- Hormonal imbalances
- Communication problems, such as language impairment and speech difficulties
- Behavioral effects, such as disinhibition, impulsiveness, obsessive behavior, aggression, irritability, and apathy
- Emotional effects, such as personality changes, mood swings, depression, anxiety, anger, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Through being familiar with accurately assessing and proving all the ways a brain injury victim may be suffering, we are more likely able to obtain maximum compensation for our clients—compensation that accounts for the short and long-term effects of a brain injury.
For more information about accidents frequently causing brain injuries, please see our pages discussing Car Accidents, Truck Accidents, and Construction Accidents.
Brain Injuries Require Experienced, Adept Legal Representation
Do not trust your brain injury case to anyone less than an experienced personal injury lawyer with a proven record of success handling the most serious injury claims. At Payer & Associates, you’ll work directly with an attorney from day one, someone who will fight for your best interests and best possible outcome. For more information about obtaining fair compensation for all the medical costs and hardship associated with brain injury, please contact our Miami injury lawyers today. Your first step to making a maximum possible recovery is making the right phone call.