Reckless drivers who cause car crashes are usually in for a lot of trouble. They generally face criminal charges as well as civil claims for damages. Reckless driving is a matter of great concern in Florida. If you or a loved one has been seriously hurt in a South Florida car accident caused by someone else’s reckless driving, you need experienced and aggressive legal help right now. You are likely facing medical bills that pile up while you unable to work due to your injuries. You may never be able to work again. All because some other driver was reckless. People hurt in car accidents caused by someone else’s reckless behavior deserve to be compensated for their losses. We help injured people in Miami and South Florida seek compensation for their injuries. Don’t rely on the insurance company to do what’s right. You need someone on your side who’s ready to fight.
At Payer & Associates, our reckless driving accident lawyers can help you. We are dedicated to helping our clients recover the full compensation they are entitled to for their injuries and other damages. Call Payer & Associates now. We represent reckless driving accident victims and their families throughout the South Florida area, including Miami-Dade County, Broward County and Monroe County. We want to make things right for you.
Personalized Legal Help for Victims of Reckless Drivers in Florida
Payer & Associates is the firm you can lean on during what is surely a time of great uncertainty for you. This may be the first time you have worked with a lawyer, and you may be nervous about it. You can trust our lawyers to be there for you and fight tooth and nail for the compensation that you deserve.
Here are just a few of the things that make Payer & Associates special:
- You work directly with a lawyer. If we are working on your case, rest assured that you will not be passed back and forth between different attorneys and staff. You can always speak directly to your attorney, and he will keep you informed at every step of the way.
- We are always available to take your call. We don’t turn off our phones when office hours are over. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- We don’t represent the “other side.” We exclusively represent individuals who have been injured in accidents. We do not represent insurance companies.
- No fees unless you win. We don’t charge any upfront attorney’s fees or even costs and expenses. When you get paid, we get paid. If you win a settlement or a verdict, our fee is deducted from the award, and not from your bank account.
- We can come to you. If you are not able to meet us at one of our offices, it’s no problem! We are available for home, office or hospital consultations. Wherever is most convenient for you.
What Is Reckless Driving in Florida?
According to Florida state law, reckless driving is driving a vehicle “in willful or wanton disregard for the safety of persons or property.” This is a more serious offense than “careless driving,” another offense under Florida law for failing to exercise reasonable care when driving.
Reckless driving is more than just failing to exercise reasonable care. It is engaging in driving behaviors that are dangerous enough to likely result in an accident or injuries.
Examples of conduct that could constitute reckless driving include:
- Road racing
- Driving under the influence of alcohol, marijuana or other drugs
- Running a stop sign or red light
- Not having headlights on at night
- Illegally passing on the shoulder
- Illegally passing a school bus
- Texting while driving
- Excessive speeding
Florida also sometimes allows defendants charged with DUIs to plea bargain down to reckless driving, called a “wet reckless” charge.
It’s important to remember that civil responsibility for an accident caused by reckless driving is a separate matter from any criminal charges. A driver may not be charged with reckless driving – or have charges dismissed – yet could still be held liable for damages caused by reckless driving.
Consequences of Reckless Driving Accidents in Miami
There are a number of consequences for drivers who are caught engaging in reckless driving. The main one, of course, is the injuries, damage, and sometimes death that may result from being in a collision while driving recklessly.
Other consequences include:
- Points on their driver’s license
- License suspension
- Possible jail time
- Increase in insurance premiums
- Criminal record
Even if the motorist who causes your accident isn’t found guilty of reckless driving in the criminal context, he or she could still be held responsible for your injuries in a civil lawsuit.
Compensation for Medical Expenses and Other Damages
If you have been injured in an accident with a reckless driver, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries and other losses. If the other driver was charged and convicted with reckless driving in criminal court, that can help your case. However, charges and a conviction are not necessary for you to pursue compensation from a reckless driver.
Being in a car accident can have a big impact on your life. You may have a long recovery, temporary or long-term disability, severe and lasting pain, missed work, therapy, damage to your car and other negative consequences. If you pursue a personal injury claim, you may be compensated for the losses you experienced.
Compensation for damages generally includes:
- Medical expenses
- Rehabilitation and therapy
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish or emotional distress
- Interference with family relationships
- Lost wages
- Change in earning capacity
- Occupational retraining
- Short-term or long-term disability
- Property damage
- Punitive damages in some cases
You Have Rights When Injured in a Florida Reckless Driving Crash
And even if the reckless driver who caused the crash is prosecuted, that does nothing for the situation you are in — the mounting medical bills, a wrecked car and an uncertain future. This is why Florida law allows people like you who have been injured by someone else’s recklessness to seek compensation through a personal injury or wrongful death claim. Seeking the compensation you deserve after a reckless driving car crash requires knowledge of Florida law, the resources to investigate the accident and prove your case, and the skill to present the case in a persuasive manner. It requires attorneys who are experienced with Florida personal injury claims and aggressive in their work for unjustly injured clients.
Payer & Associates is the South Florida law firm you want fighting for you after a distracted driving accident in the Greater Miami region.
Hurt in A Reckless Driving Accident? Call Our Miami Reckless Driving Accident Lawyers Today
Contact Payer & Associates today if you have been injured or lost a loved one in an accident with a reckless driver in Miami or anywhere in South Florida. An initial consultation is free, and you pay no fees or costs unless and until we obtain compensation for you. Our personal injury lawyers are available 24/7 and will come to see you if that is more convenient for you.
There’s no risk involved with talking to Payer & Associates about your accident. We want to hear from you. Contact us now and stop worrying about the crash.