Miami Hit & Run Accident Lawyer
Being the victim of a hit-and-run driver can be both devastating and frustrating. You are left to cope with serious injuries, medical bills, missed paychecks, and other expenses. Meanwhile, the reckless driver who hit you refuses to do what’s right. For many, it can feel like a hopeless situation.
But you are not alone in this. For more than 20 years, our compassionate Miami hit-and-run attorneys have been helping victims of these tragic accidents recover the compensation they need to move forward with their lives. At Payer & Associates, our firm is focused on:
Personalized legal service. You will always work directly with one lawyer, not be passed around to staff and different attorneys.
Responsive customer service. Our team is always here to take your call, even after office hours and on weekends.
Commitment only to injured victims. Our firm does not represent the “other side” in any matters. We only work for people hurt in accidents, never insurance companies.
Affordable legal representation. We do not charge any fees or costs to get started on your case. And you don’t pay us unless you win.
Convenience for clients. Our attorneys can meet you wherever you feel most comfortable ─ in your home, at your office, or in the hospital.
After a hit-and-run accident, you and your family have enough to worry about. You shouldn’t have to waste your energy on fighting for the compensation you need to recover. Let us take that burden off you. Schedule a free consultation with our Miami hit & run accident lawyer today to learn how we can help you.
What to Do After a Hit-and Run Accident in Miami
Although you may feel helpless to do anything after a hit-and-run crash, the truth is there are several steps you can take to protect yourself and your right to recover compensation.
- Call 911 and file a report with the police. This accident report will serve as evidence whether you end up pursuing compensation from the hit-and-run driver or through your own insurance.
- Take down any information you can about the vehicle. This includes the color, make, model, and any part of the license plate number that you can remember. Also note which part of the vehicle hit you (which could indicate where it might be damaged).
- Talk to anyone who witnesses the accident. They may have seen or remember things that you didn’t. Be sure to write down the witnesses’ names and contact information so your attorney can follow up with them later.
- Take photos of the scene. If you feel up to it, you will want to get photos of the damage to your vehicle as well as your injuries. Be sure to document any evidence that may help police find the other driver, such as scrapes of paint from the other vehicle.
- Seek medical treatment right away. Even if you don’t think your injuries are serious, you need to get checked out. Many injuries have delayed symptoms that don’t show up until hours or days after a crash.
- Contact your own insurance company. Tell them you were hit by a driver who fled the scene. Give them the basic information about the accident, such as where and when it happened. But do not discuss your injuries with your insurance company or give a recorded statement without speaking to an attorney first.
- Call an attorney who has experience in hit-and-run cases. Whether the at-fault driver is eventually found or not, you will need a knowledgeable attorney to identify every possible source of compensation and fight aggressively for you.
There is one thing you should never do after a hit-and-run: Do not leave the scene to try to chase the other driver. Protect yourself and your rights, and do not risk putting yourself in a worse situation.
Schedule a free consultation with the Miami hit-and-run lawyers at Payer & Associates today to discuss your options. We will launch an investigation into your case immediately, including interviewing witnesses and tracking down surveillance footage from traffic cameras and nearby businesses. We will leave no stone unturned as we collect evidence and identify all your options for seeking compensation.
Who Pays for a Hit-and-Run Accident?
Although it may seem like you have no options when a driver flees the scene, our attorneys will explore every possible source of compensation. Depending on the circumstances of your case, that could include:
Your own insurance coverage: We will examine your policy to determine whether you have uninsured motorist (UI) coverage. If so, we can help you pursue compensation though your own insurance if the driver cannot be found. Keep in mind: Just because we are filing a claim with your insurer does not mean it will be an easy fight. The insurance company will still want to protect its own profits and pay you as little as possible.
The other driver: If police are able to locate the hit-and-run driver, we can help you pursue a claim for compensation through that person’s insurance carrier. The driver will also likely face criminal charges.
Workers’ compensation insurance: If the hit-and-run accident occurred while you were driving as part of your work duties, we can help you file a claim for workers’ compensation benefits. These benefits can help pay for medical bills and cover some of your lost wages if you have to stay out of work after the accident.
Don’t give up without exploring all your options for compensation after a hit-and-run accident. Talk to our knowledgeable Miami personal injury attorneys about how we may be able to help in your case.
Contact Our Miami Hit & Run Accident Lawyers Today
If you or a family member has been the victim of a hit-and-run driver, you need to seek legal advice as soon as possible. The sooner our experienced Miami accident lawyers can launch an investigation into your crash, the quicker we can make progress on your claim. Schedule a free consultation today with Payer & Associates to discuss what to do after a hit-and-run crash.